Get the recipe for Vegan Butternut Squash Bisque Soup:
Yield: 9 to 10 Cups
Note: If you microwave the squash for 3 minutes or so, it's easier to peel.
3 pounds butternut squash, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
4 Cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon vegan margarine (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tsp thyme
½ teaspoon agave nectar
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon cardamom (optional)
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
1 Cup Raw, Unsalted Cashews (soaked overnight or boiled for 7 minutes)
1 Cup vegetable broth
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Toss butternut squash with vegetable oil and place on a baking sheet in one layer.
3. Roast the squash for 30 minutes.
4. While the squash is roasting, make your cashew cream.
5. Pour 1 cup of vegetable broth and the cashews in a blender and blend until completely smooth. This could take up to 5 minutes depending on your blender.
6. Set the cream aside.
7. When the squash is ready, add it to a large pot along with the apples, 4 cups of vegetable broth, margarine (if using), salt, thyme, agave nectar, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom (if using) and nutmeg.
8. Bring it to a boil, then cover it, turn down the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
9. Let it cool, then add it to the blender and blend it in batches.
10. Return the soup to the pot or a large bowl and stir in the cashew cream.
Vegan Cooking with Love......................................
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/VeganCookingWithLove
Subscribe to get the latest videos: