DESCRIPTION: The beef industry designed a study to show that a diet containing beef was able to lower cholesterol if one cuts out enough poultry, pork, fish, and cheese to halve one's total saturated fat intake.
How are Americans exposed to saturated fat? Burgers actually fall well below chicken. See Trans Fat, Saturated Fat, and Cholesterol: Tolerable Upper Intake of Zero (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/trans-fat-saturated-fat-and-cholesterol-tolerable-upper-intake-of-zero/).
The beef industry is by no means alone in having a corrupting influence on the scientific method. See, for example:
• Dietary Guidelines: Advisory Committee Conflicts of Interest (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-guidelines-advisory-committee-conflicts-of-interest/)
• Is Pomegranate Juice That Wonderful? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-pomegranate-juice-that-wonderful/)
• Nerves of Mercury (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nerves-of-mercury/)
• Does Coconut Oil Clog Arteries? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-coconut-oil-clog-arteries/)
• The McGovern Report (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-mcgovern-report/)
• Safety of Noni and Mangosteen Juice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/safety-of-noni-and-mangosteen-juice/)
• Eggs and Cholesterol: Patently False and Misleading Claims (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-cholesterol-patently-false-and-misleading-claims/)
For more on being heart attack "proof," see Eliminating the #1 Cause of Death (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eliminating-the-1-cause-of-death/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/bold-indeed-beef-lowers-cholesterol/ and he'll try to answer it!