DESCRIPTION: Dioxins, endocrine disrupting pollutants, heavy metals, saturated fat, and steroids in the meat supply may be affecting sperm counts, semen quality, and the ability of men to conceive.
The video I reference about the endocrine disrupting industrial pollutants in fish is Xenoestrogens & Sperm Counts (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/xenoestrogens-sperm-counts/). More on the hormones used in meat production in Anabolic Steroids in Meat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/anabolic-steroids-in-meat/). Then there's Dioxins in the Food Supply (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dioxins-in-the-food-supply/) for those that want to avoid dietary dioxin exposure.
I also cover male fertility in Soy Hormones & Male Infertility (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/soy-hormones-male-infertility/) and female fertility in Meat Hormones & Female Infertility (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/meat-hormones-female-infertility/).
My videos on heavy metal exposure (dietary as opposed to auditory) include:
• Cannibalistic Feed Biomagnification (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cannibalistic-feed-biomagnification/)
• Dietary Theory of Alzheimer's (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dietary-theory-of-alzheimers/)
• Drug Residues in Meat (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/drug-residues-in-meat/)
• Filled Full of Lead (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/filled-full-of-lead/)
• Get the Lead Out (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/get-the-lead-out/)
• Heavy Metals in Protein Powder Supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heavy-metals-in-protein-powder-supplements/)
• Nerves of Mercury (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nerves-of-mercury/)
• Some Ayurvedic Medicine Worse Than Lead Paint Exposure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/some-ayurvedic-medicine-worse-than-lead-paint-exposure/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/http://nutritionfacts.org/video/male-fertility-and-diet/ and he'll try to answer it!